The First Amendment does not protect you from:
- Criticism: If you’re a comedian who makes a bad rape joke, people are allowed to point out that you’re not funny as well as an asshole.
- Shame: If you tweet something racist about President Obama on your public Twitter account that’s connected to your first and last name, people are allowed to say that is bad.
- The Right to Anonymity: If you take creepy photos of women without their consent and post them on Reddit, people are allowed to try and figure out who you are and post your information on the internet. No one is entitled to anonymity. It’s up to you whether to make it easy for people to find you.
- Mockery: If you put yourself out there that means your peers (and news outlets) have the right to LOL and comment.
- Consequences: If you publicly express yourself in a manner that is offensive, hurtful, or just plain dumb, strangers might contact your friends/family/school/employer and tell them what you did. That is not infringing on your right to free speech; it’s pointing out how you choose to exercise that right. Like the rest of the federal constitution, the First Amendment protects us from the government, not from private companies, which may be able to fire or otherwise punish you for stuff you say, even if it’s outside of work. The laws protecting the free speech of private employees vary from state to state, aside from specifically protected speech like labor organizing. Here are some guidelines for public employees and students.
via An Idiot’s Guide to Free Speech
Yep. Free speech doesn’t mean you are free to be an asshole with no consequence. If you dish it out, be prepared to take it.
Sooooo practically those characteristics are also pro-choice. Why can we just meet in the medium like these?
Sadly, many pro choice people believe that all those who are pro life hate women, want them treated like an incubator and only care until the baby is born. This is no way true at least from the pro life people that I know in my life. Most of the conversation with pro choice people on here have been great as they were respectful and we meet on these above issues to discuss the need for better support.
Of course your selfish movement hates women.
Otherwise you would allow them the right to safely terminate unwanted pregnancy.
And not condemn them to death
You mean the way pro choice condemns children to death?
Like the way the pro life team doesn’t supporting proper health care, education, or helping to abolish human starvation….and instead pissing away their time and effort on restricting women’s reproductive rights so said children can suffer a slow and painful death? Ya, Kinda like that.
Let’s not forget that pro life supporters harass women who seek abortions, bomb the shit out of abortion clinics, legislate to defund planned parenthood, etc. And kill people (the doctors who perform abortions). I can’t get over the irony of pro life supporters killing people.
"Education about consent can start before education about sex. If we teach our children to respect others, they’ll grow into respectful adults."
webelieveyou.tumblr.com (in relation to this post)
YES THANK YOU
We also need to teach children that they have a right to say no, and that their bodies are their own. Because that’s where it starts: kids are taught that they don’t have any right to personal boundaries, and they carry that with them all their lives. Is it any wonder that their sense of boundaries as adults is completely fucked up?
"A woman is not written in braille, you don’t have to touch her to know her."